Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

The above quote accurately sums up how I feel right now. And I'm sorry, I can't believe it has been almost a week since I updated. This is going to be long, but I am absolutely exhausted so I'm going to try to give you the short version!

Friday was nothing too special. I went in to work early to get some things accomplished. I left around lunch time and then went to go see eclipse! The book was a million times better, but the movie wasn't awful. After that I just walked around beautiful Georgetown and then we grabbed dinner. Came and relaxed back in the apartment for the night since we were all going to be away for the weekend. It's so funny now that we have spent 4 weeks together we want to be together all the time. I don't know what we're going to do when the program is over...

Saturday morning we slept in! It was glorious. Then my roommate Michelle and I went into town to get lunch. We took a picture on our way to lunch because we are sooo cool haha

After lunch we went to the amazingness that is Georgetown Cupcake. People wait in line for over a half and hour to get their gourmet cupcakes, they are awesome!

Her cousins were in town, so after lunch and our cupcakes, Michelle went to meet them for the weekend. Later Saturday night I met my aunt, her parents, my uncle and cousins for a great dinner down by the White House. It was so nice to see them and catch up! My aunt's parents have a great spot in the Woodland Building with a rooftop that overlooks the whole city. It was so nice, we just sat outside for a little while after dinner.

Sunday was the 4th of July obviously, and what better way to spend it than in our nation's capitol! I went to the parade with my family which was awesome! It started at 7 Str & Constitution Ave and went all the way down to 17th Str. It was packed of course, but a lot of fun!

After the parade we grabbed lunch then headed back out to see the sights. There was a huge folk festival on the national mall, but it was SO hot outside. It was, of course, packed no matter where you went! At around 4pm I came back to my apartment to get ready because I went on a cruise on the Potomac to see the fireworks. It was an amazing night! My friend from Hill, Zach, came on the cruise, and the tickets were compliments of Mr. Hanna, Morgan's boss and the head of the Let Freedom Ring organization. It was a fantastic night and so beautiful! We got an amazing view of the fireworks too...doesn't get much better! The cruise took off from Old Town Alexandria, VA and sailed all the way to the Capitol by the time the fireworks went off. We walked EVERYWHERE that night! When we tried to get a cab back around 11pm, there were absolutely none! We caught the last metro back, thank goodness. All in all, I think I must have walked between 8 and 10 miles on Sunday alone, it was so crazy. But anyways, here are some pictures from the night of the 4th.

After our crazy adventure of getting home a little before 1am, I was more than ready for a good nights sleep! I met my family again on Monday morning to do more sightseeing! We went and saw the WWII memorial, the American History Museum, and the Spy Museum. We all grabbed lunch and did a little shopping of course.

Monday night was a night of relaxation! I finished my paper for Ethics and my roommates and I made dinner and talked all about our weekends. Besides the ridiculous heat and the CRAZY amounts of walking, this was definitely the best 4th of July yet! The only thing that would have made it better is if I had my lovely parents and sisters here.

So after a 3.5 day weekend, it was time to get back to work! I went to work today, Tuesday, and continued to do the usual things: editing, projects, proofing, writing. The day went by pretty fast actually. I went to turn my paper in after work, then headed to my second class, Economics in Public Policy. Well, all I can I say is .............

I will keep you in suspense. My bed is screaming my name.

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment