Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Well hello there!

This has been a really relaxing/insightful weekend so far! Friday morning I had class from 9am-12pm. Now I must say, getting out of class at 9:30 on Thursday night and then coming back and doing a whole ton of reading for the next day is not the most fun thing in the world. But, I guess that is what you get when you take a semester long class in 3.5 weeks! (and at Georgetown, nonetheless) After class, I went to my internship at 1pm. I got to do lots more reading and proofing for the upcoming issue. On Fridays, everyone stays super long in order to get the articles edited and send them off to the printer. I went to go help pick up dinner for them-since they are there until midnight-and I finished editing around 7pm. My uncle happened to be in town for the day so he took me out for an amazing dinner in Georgetown! We went to a restaurant called 1789. It was absolutely delicious! I got a field green salad and lamb...yummm!! Probably the best dinner I will have all summer haha! We didn't finish dinner until around 10pm, so my roommates and I all hung around the for night and caught up on each others day!

Saturday morning, Brigette, Michelle and I woke up and went to the Holocaust museum. This was my first experience with the metro! I still cannot get over how clean this city is! Although, it might have something to do with the fact that if you get caught eating or drinking on the metro or buses, they can throw you in jail! How crazy is that?! Anyways, we went to the museum and pretty much spent ALL afternoon there. It was amazing. They did an incredible job putting it together. I cannot fathom how one person started and caused such destruction in such a large part of the world. It is absolutely mind-boggling to me. The museum left us all speechless. We went to grab dinner at Five Guys afterward which was delicious of course. Then we came back and played my favorite game: bananagrams!! It is kind of like scrabble, only better haha. You race against each other instead of playing on one big board. It was a fun night!

This morning, Sunday, was also very productive! I cleaned the apartment (because we all know how busy this upcoming week will be!) I found out where to take the trash out too, did laundry, caught up on phone calls/emails, and got my reading done! Wahoooo! At 7, we are all going on an "under the stars" tour of the monuments! It should be a lot of fun. Maybe I'll actually take a picture tonight considering I haven't even broken out my camera yet!

Well, that's about all. Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and good luck with work/school this week :)
<3 Huntley

No comments:

Post a Comment