Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Some pages turned, some bridges burned, but there were lessons learned."

Hey everyone! Time for an update on my life.

You're probably getting the drill by now haha. Thursday morning we had a "professional development series" session from 8am-10am. This one was called: "Networking: tips to get ahead." It was interesting, just early! Then I went into work around 11am. I'm finishing up the story I'm working on so that makes me excited. This upcoming week is what they call a "dark week" meaning that no one really goes into the office. Because of the 4th of July, there is no issue published next Monday. But I'm still going to go in because I got assigned a few projects I need to get done! Thursday night was, of course, Ethics class from 6:30-9:30. After that we all crashed because it was such a long week.

Friday morning I had class from 9am-noon. Joe - director of IPJ - got us all coffee and doughnuts which was a really nice surprise. After that I headed into work, which was really busy! I copy-edited a bunch of articles and also got assigned another project with the business/advertising team that will take a week or two to finish up. Always busy, which is good! I got off work at about 8pm after we sent in the issue and then met my roommates to go see Toy Story 3! It was the most amazing movie EVER, I almost cried several times. Here are a few pictures of us walking to the movie theater on the edge of the Potomac:






Saturday my sister Morgan and best friend Danyelle came to visit for the night! We had a blast. We went to a restaurant/bar called the Epicurean for lunch and wound up staying the entire time and watched the World Cup game. Disappointing loss for the USA, but it was a really well played game. Then we came back to my apartment and played my favorite game BANANAGRAMS! Afterward we met my friend Zach for dinner at a place called Tombs which was really neat. Zach took us out with some of his friends for the night which was great.

Sunday morning Morgan and D left around 11 to head home and beat the traffic, which they did! Then I met my roommates at this awesome pool party near capitol hill. Ever seen From Justin to Kelly (probably not, and I wouldn't blame you) but it was EXACTLY like that! It was so fun and relaxing, which was exactly what I needed after a very stressful week. Here are a few pictures!





We came back from the pool and Brigette made us a full spaghetti and meatball dinner (which if you know me, is my favorite thing ever!) It was delicious yummmm. Then I did two loads of laundry (exciting?) and got to talk to my friend Lorin on the phone which was wonderful! Besides that we just relaxed and did some homework....yuck!

Goodnight everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment